Monday, February 22, 2010

High speed flash...

So after looking at those rain drops yesterday I wanted to see how well I could freeze some water dropping from a straw falling into a galls of water. I took both my flashes (sb-600 & sb-800) and used them in wireless mode shooting across a glass of water.
 

With this combo I was able to shoot images at supper high shutter speeds and capture the moment the drops came in contact with the glass. Using a macro lens I was able to get in very close and capture again a mundane moment in super slow-mo and show it in all its detail. Here are a couple of the pictures I got tonight.
All these were taken at f14 & 1/4000, with an ISO of 200



  

  

  

  

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks guys... I cant wit to have my own house so I can set this up for real. This was really a hack job but it worked out.

    ReplyDelete